Pigeon Roost Farm and Moira funnies
Today Moi's music class was on break so we had nothing to do all day. I heard about this pumpkin patch/farm from Cheryl called Pigeon Roost Farm about 25 miles out of town. It seemed really fun, so we decided to try it. I was proud of myself b/c I'm not really big on driving that far with Moi to places in the country that I have never been before (not so great with directions), but we made it, after turning around about 4 times on the way there. Moi kept saying "Mommy, where are you going now???". We stopped at a Flying J's trucker rest stop to use the potty before we got there (didn't want to deal with porta pottys) and they had video games, a lounge area for the truckers, lots of knick knacks you could buy. Moi was like "oh, this is a REALLY FANCY potty!". It really wasn't. I was so glad we made the trip to the Farm. They had an AMAZING area for the kids to play. Really really good. They literally had about 20 different activities for them, including feeding the goats, looking at chickens and bunnies, swingsets (Moi's favorite), a sandbox made of corn, tunnels, corn maze, enchanted forest, etc. We were there about 3 hours until Moi declared "I'm tired, I want to go home." She did manage to do the big tunnel slide about 5 times and eat an ice cream cone on the way out. I had originally wanted to go for pumpkins since we decorated the porch for fall, but I realized I couldn't carry them to the car, so Moi just picked out a little mini pumpkin for $.75. She was excited to put it on the porch when we got home to help decorate.
This age cracks me up. All kinds of funny stuff comes out of her mouth. I am sure I can't think of all of it, but this is what is at the top of my head.
Today at the pumpkin patch-
Moi: Is my friend daddy coming here today?
Today she was trying to go poo. She sat on the toilet for like 20 minutes. We read a whole Oriental Trading Co. catalouge. Finally she want-
Me: Good job!
Moi: Yes, that was a good job, that's just what I was thinking!
I told Moi that only 2 year olds cry at school, 3 year olds don't. This has actually been very effective. But anyway, I she asked me how old I am the other day and I told her I am 31, almost 32:
Moi (making a fakey sympathy voice): Awwww, your only 32? Are you going to cry at your yogurt class? (she calls my yoga class "yogurt" class).
I counted to 32. That stopped that question, hee hee.
Moi is a bit hesitant about going to Florida, although I think the idea is growing on her. She is freaked out about where she will sleep I think b/c she has asked about is she going to sleep on a pack & play, a big girl bed, a crib, what? She even said she wanted to drive there, she didn't want to take an airplane. But then she said out of the blue-
Moi: Will you and daddy throw lots of sand at my face by the ocean?
I couldn't tell what answer she was looking for so I took a guess and said "yes..."
Moi: Oh, horray! I would love that! Let's go to the ocean right now!
She seems to be okay with it ever since.
Today at the pumpkin patch-
Moi: Is my friend daddy coming here today?
Today she was trying to go poo. She sat on the toilet for like 20 minutes. We read a whole Oriental Trading Co. catalouge. Finally she want-
Me: Good job!
Moi: Yes, that was a good job, that's just what I was thinking!
I told Moi that only 2 year olds cry at school, 3 year olds don't. This has actually been very effective. But anyway, I she asked me how old I am the other day and I told her I am 31, almost 32:
Moi (making a fakey sympathy voice): Awwww, your only 32? Are you going to cry at your yogurt class? (she calls my yoga class "yogurt" class).
I counted to 32. That stopped that question, hee hee.
Moi is a bit hesitant about going to Florida, although I think the idea is growing on her. She is freaked out about where she will sleep I think b/c she has asked about is she going to sleep on a pack & play, a big girl bed, a crib, what? She even said she wanted to drive there, she didn't want to take an airplane. But then she said out of the blue-
Moi: Will you and daddy throw lots of sand at my face by the ocean?
I couldn't tell what answer she was looking for so I took a guess and said "yes..."
Moi: Oh, horray! I would love that! Let's go to the ocean right now!
She seems to be okay with it ever since.
This isn't overly funny, but Chris said as they were driving to King's Island, she saw two contrails that airplanes had make in the sky and they crossed. Moi said: Those airplanes made a "x"! Chris was impressed that she knew that airplanes made the x, and that she knew the letter x.
Moi hates getting her hair washed these days. Whenever I try to put the water on her head she say "I said NO THANK YOU! YOU BE A GOOD GIRL!" and says it in a tone that almost makes me feel guilty for doing something wrong.
Oh, and this is my favorite story ever. She literally in the middle of the monkey bars and she said "I love you mommy, you are my favorite mommy in the whole world and I am your favorite daughter!" She kept saying "you are my favorite mommy" over and over again. I think this kind of stems from the fact that she is still having some "boy issues" with the fact the baby in my belly is a boy, so I've been playing up that she is my "favorite daughter" and my "only daughter".
We are excited for baby boy Hogan!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home