We are excited for baby boy Hogan!
Moira Elizabeth Hogan: No Fun Flu

Moira Elizabeth Hogan

Monday, January 28, 2008

No Fun Flu




So for the last 3 or 4 days, Moi has had a nasty cough and fever, both of which have been getting progressivley worse. I didn't think much of it b/c this is nothing new around here. Seems like she has a cough or a fever kind of a lot, but they go away quickly. Last night she hardly slept at all through all the coughing. I took her to the Dr. today and the good news is her lungs and ears looked/sounded good, but he thinks she has the flu. Apparently there is one strain of the virus going around that wasn't included in the flu vaccine that is charcterized by a bad cough, runny nose, fever and aches and pains. Moi has said that her "belly" hurts, her "bless you" hurts, and her "butt crack" hurts. Not sure where she picked up that last one... ??? Anyway, she's been in pretty good spirits, and today she even took a 4.5 hour nap. Must be that prescription strength cough medicine the Dr. gave us. A couple of people who I've told about Moi being sick has said but she looked so energetic in the pictures I posted over the weekend. This is true, she has been fairly spunky through it all. But she has been a bit extra mopey, etc. I thought I should post some pitiful flu pictures to demonstrate a little more accurately how things have been going around here. But don't feel too bad for us, she is hanging in there. Although anyone who knows how much Moi hates to get her nose wiped will understand the state of things when she actually said today "Mommy, I need a tissue." Fortunately she's learened how to blow her nose this month so that helps. And thank god for "The Polar Express", we've been watching it at least twice a day. She's obcessed. She did well at the Dr.'s office and let him look in her ears and mouth and didn't scream at all. When we got home she said to the dog "Kodos, I had fun at Dr. Barrett's office!". It was pretty nice outside and we played outside for awhile. She found a baseball that the neighbor kids must have hit into our yard and she thought that was the greatest thing ever. I am so excited for spring. I want to make the yard really fun with lots of cool stuff. Let me know if you guys have any suggestions. Lowes has a cool playhouse that you can decorate and paint yourself. I've been eyeing that for awhile. It's 11:30 pm and Moi doesn't want to sleep (b/c she napped from 2:30-7) and I am going on little sleep myself, so that's why this post may seem a bit loopy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home