We are excited for baby boy Hogan!
Moira Elizabeth Hogan: First Ear Infection(s)

Moira Elizabeth Hogan

Tuesday, January 08, 2008

First Ear Infection(s)

Here is Moira "helping" grandpa put together our new rocking chairs.
"Hey, look at my lizard!"





Here are some pics from outside play yesterday. Moi was actually in a good mood for a bit and loved playing outside with the giant lizard that has been enlarging in the sandbox/pool all winter long.


Moi's cough pretty much went away on Saturday, but it was replaced with a runny runny runny nose and an angry/cranky/unhappy/whiny/needy/etc Moira. Today she was still super super cranky and hating life so I made a Dr. apt for this afternoon. The Dr. said she has "gnarly" ear infections in both ears. I wonder how long she's had them b/c at Christmas time she was pulling on her ears and saying "ow", but she stopped doing that for the last week or longer, so I didn't think much of it. Poor baby. She got some antibiotics and the Doc said they should clear up soon.

The funny thing about going to the Dr.'s was that she was really excited when she saw the building saying it was "like a school!" but as soon as we were in the Dr.'s office she started saying "I go bye bye now". I told her we had to see the Dr. She replied "Dr. Phil? I see Dr. Phil?". I thought this was really funny, but I had no idea how she would know who Dr. Phil was. I assure you, I have never watched the show. Then I remembered he is on one episode of Sesame Street that she watches a lot. Then I told her the Dr.'s name is Dr. Barrett, and she started calling him "Dr. Parrot". I told her Dr.Barrett is a nice man and he was going to look in her ears and mouth. As soon as he walked in she said "no look in ears Dr. Phil Parrot! I go bye bye now!" and covered her ears with her hands the whole time until we had to physically restrain her on the table.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home