We are excited for baby boy Hogan!
Moira Elizabeth Hogan: 1 Step Forward, 2 Steps Back (towards potty training)

Moira Elizabeth Hogan

Sunday, January 13, 2008

1 Step Forward, 2 Steps Back (towards potty training)

Leaving Cosi- Moi looked at her baby and said "Baby, I have fun at Cosi!"
Moi saw all these people sitting down to watch a demonstration and just plopped down to watch too. They were making kids hair stand up and she kept feeling her own hair to see if it was doing anything.

This is Moi angy that I tried to put a bow in her hair.

Warning: Mention of Bodily Fluids to Follow!


Yesterday, Moira was hanging out naked in the closet before nap. The usual. Here's how our conversation went.


Moira: "Ought Oh, I going poopy!"

Me: "Do you want to go sit on the potty?"

Moira "YES!"


I carried her to the potty, but she didn't want to sit on it, so she stood on it and bingo, poopy on the potty! We made a big deal about it and she seemed really proud. She enjoyed flushing it. And she kept going back to the toilet going "Hi Poopy! Hi!" Even though it was long gone. I got all excited and got 2 of those smaller potty seats for kids that you sit on the big toilet. I showed them to her and asked if she wanted to try it out. She did not. She liked carrying them around the house though. Then this evening I heard her going "Ought oh, Ought oh!" from the other room so I rushed in. Here's how the conversation went:

Moira: "Ought oh! I have a stinky butt!"

Me: "Okay, do you want to go sit on the potty?"

Moira: "No, I go shut the door!" And she slammed the bathroom door shut so that she couldn't even see the potty from the living room. I guess we're not quite there yet...


Moi was being whiny after her nap, kind of half crying. Chris said "Do you want to share a pretzel with daddy?" and she completly stopped crying and said pitifully "Thank you Daddy". Chris and I both laughed, and she got a big grin on her face and lauged and said "I be nice to Daddy!"

1 Comments:

At 9:49 AM, Blogger Susan said...

Sammi made that exact same face this morning when I tried to pull her hair back! I'm glad to see it's not just my goofy girl!
Tell Moira Jacob is proud of her for pooping in the potty. (Or he would be if I told him.) I'm not going to tell him because pooping is his favorite thing to talk about.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home