Baby Borrito
Yesterday I was in the kitchen cleaning up and Moira came in with her pants and pullup diaper off and her soaking diaper in her hand and said "I'm gonna put diaper in trashcan". I bought her the pullups b/c she's been pulling her pants down saying she has to go potty. Then she proceeded to the area where the diapers and wipes are kept and said "I'm gonna get a new diap" and wiped herself and tried to put the new diaper on. She has no interest in going on the potty, but if she can change her own diapers, I guess I can't complain.
Moi has been extra "scoundrely" lately. I don't know why, maybe just the terrible 2's kicking in. The other day she was taking big drinks from her milk cup and then spitting them in little piles all over the floor while I was uploading pictures around the corner. Then I went to Kohls with her last night and in the check out line she took off her crocs and started licking the bottom of them. The cashier said that was something he'd never seen before. She's just been doing little things like that, that are funny while I am sitting her typing and she is sleeping in her crib but annoying when they are happening. I literally have to hold her down kicking and screaming to get her out of her jammies and to get her to put her coat on. No amount of rationalization works. Even yesterday at preschool when all the other kids were putting theirs on she said "nope. nope." and just shook her head at me. Oh, and she smacked another kid to get his harmonica. She doesn't usually hit when she wants something, but she REALLY likes harmonicas.
Missy was nice enough to babysit the other day so I could go to a makeup pilates class. When I game home they were snuggled on the couch and Moi was in a "baby borrito". Missy fed her mandarin orange slices like she was a little princess while they watced Dora. Missy said they did a lot of talking about what Moi did when she was a baby and she really liked that.
We have our first big snow of the year, but it's supposed to be super cold so I don't know if we will make it outside or not.
We are excited for baby boy Hogan!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home