We are excited for baby boy Hogan!
Moira Elizabeth Hogan: How do you keep a 2 year old entertained for hours...

Moira Elizabeth Hogan

Monday, November 12, 2007

How do you keep a 2 year old entertained for hours...

2 Words: WHOOPEE CUSHION! I went to Gameworks at Easton with some out of town friends Saturday night. I was the only one who has a kid, so I got to use all of the tickets that we won to round up some trinkets for Moi. By far the biggest hit of them all was the whoppee cushion. My friends came over for dinner last night and I had them bring the bag of trinkets with them, so that they would easily win over an oft shy Moi. We busted out the whoopee cushion and she called it a "pumpkin balloon" at first. I guess b/c it was kind of orange and had black writing, kind of like all the pumpkins we have outside. Anyway, she was initimated at first and only wanted Mommy or Daddy to sit on it, but then she was really into it asking everyone to sit on it. After the guests left, we spent apporoximately 2 hours taking turns sitting on it. She was so excited. She was just rambling on "More-a toot bottom sit pumpkin balloon self... mommy do it... blow it up toot daddy mommy more self on the grass...." on and on. She would put in on the carpet to sit on it and say "on the grass". Anyway, that was well worth whatever amount of tickets we paid for it! Oh, and she kept wanting the friends to come back and play with her. She would say "more friends sit toot pumpkin balloon? More friends?".
After a week in pajamas, Chris finally convinced her to get dressed first thing saturday morning. Sunday though, she was refusing to put on pants. I got a new pair of jeans out and told her they were like Daniela's jeans. She said "Danielas? Davis's? Baby Abby's?". I said, oh yes, just like all of those kid's jeans, put them on! She totally did! I could not get her out of her jammies for when my friends came over last night though... I figured they'd rather see her in her jammies than see her screaming bloody murder. We'll see how today goes. She is supposed to start preschool tomorrow so she's going to have to get some clothes on for that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home