First Day of School
Moira started preschool yesterday! She is just going one day a week for 2 hours. My friend's Mother-in-law has an in home tutoring service and she decided to add a preschool also, since she was already working with her two 2 year old grandkids twice a week. I wasn't really looking for a preschool, but when I heard about this, it sounded ideal. It is with someone who I feel I can trust, since I am good friends with her daughter-in-law, and she has been in education for over 30 years. The house is super cute, with 2 rooms adapted for the preschool. She seems really gung ho and she has purchased soooooo many educational toys for the kids. They have a little schedule and a routine. Anyway, yesterday was our first day. Moi's little buddy Wyatt was the only one who was also there. Moi loves Wyatt, so that was cool. I stuck around for about 1/2 an hour and between snack and playdoh, I told Moi that I would see her later, kissed her on the head and quietly left. The teacher said she would call me on my cell if she was crying hysterically for more than 10 minutes. I didn't know what to do, so I took a 45 minute walk around the block and then sat in my car and read a book for 15 minutes. When I arrived back at the house, Moi greeted me by saying "There's mommy! Fun painting hands and playdoh!" She was so excited to tell me everything she did she could barely get the words out. The teacher said she didnt' ask for me once! I think it will be interesting to see what happens next week when Moi knows I'm going to leave, but there are supposed to be a few more kids next week, so hopefully that will help keep her distracted. I forgot to get a picture of her on her first day of school. We'll have to recreate next week. As we were leaving the teacher, Miss Judy, said "Can I have a goodbye hug?" and Moi said "yes" and went over and gave her a big hug and then walked out the door with me and said "Bye bye Judy!". Toooooo cute.
We are excited for baby boy Hogan!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home