We are excited for baby boy Hogan!
Moira Elizabeth Hogan: Storm and Snot

Moira Elizabeth Hogan

Monday, September 15, 2008

Storm and Snot

Moi woke up this morning with a face full of snot. First thing she said was "I need a tissue!" I tried to wipe it off but she informed me "This helps me be more like a pig". Ironically, she was pretending to be a pig last night right before bed. She spent about a half and hour snorting like a pig and only answering me in snorts. She had a temp of 100.5 today. She was in a decent mood, but I've learned she usually does okay through illnesses, it's afterwards that I need to watch out for crabby mcgee. I guess she'll be skipping her first real day of school without me tomorrow. This is a bummer b/c now we have to wait until Friday, and I don't like that it will be a week since she's been there so it won't be fresh in her mind. But I also don't want to send her sick, so there you have it.
Here is the neighbor across the street's front yard. We are so lucky to have power, a lot of town is still without.

Our front yard.

We have an apple tree out back. The last 2 years we've had not many apples b/c of an early frost, but this year, there have been some great ones. However, by the time I get to them, they have usually been half eaten by squirrels, bugs, or are all bruised up. The other day I noticed some good ones up high but couldn't get to them. However the storm shook them down so I actually was able to find about 10 that are decent! Hopefully next year I can figure out how to get some organic spray on them and devise a way to harvest more of them, b/c they are good and it's a shame to see so many rot.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home