We are excited for baby boy Hogan!
Moira Elizabeth Hogan

Moira Elizabeth Hogan

Thursday, February 21, 2008


Snow Ice Cream
Had to post this pic of Abby b/c she's so freaking cute.


We hosted playgroup this morning. Moi got up at 9:30. When I went into her room she was looking at one of her books and said "Go Away Mommy! I am reading a story!". So I said fine, and went and folded some laundry. I came back in and she was ready to get up. She wanted to take her nuk downstairs. We went back and fourth with the "Yes!"'s and "No!"'s. Finally I told her her friends were coming over and she didn't get to go downstairs to see them until she put the nuk down. She said "Davis? Daniela?Allie? Baby Abby?". I told her yes, and she spit her nuk out and said "I wait by window!'. She went downstairs and openend the curtains and lept up and down excitedly waiting for them. I changed her into normal clothes in an attempt to not become the family who is always in their jammies. She was not pleased, but we did it fast. Then she wanted to eat breakfast in her booster seat by the window so she could look for friends. We had fun playing with friends. We made some snow ice cream, which was a big hit (especially putting sprinkles on it). Everyone left around noon, and Moi was super fussy for the next 45 minutes. I decided to put her down for a nap rather early, b/c she seemed pretty tired to me. From 1-2:30 she yelled, kicked, sang, hopped, etc. etc. in her crib (although she has not tried to climb out since the one day). I go in every half hour or so to try to calm her. I finally went up there and said "Moira, Lay down and be quite." She replied "Okay. Now?". I said "Yes, NOW!". She said "Okay." and laid down and hasn't made a peep since. Note to self: try that sooner!

Here is the snow ice cream recipe, b/c I know you all want to try it at home.

Collect 1 gallon of clean snow in a big bowl. If you know it's going to snow ahead of time, you can put out a bowl beforehand to collect it. I just got some off the picnic table outside.

Add approx 1/2- 1 cup of milk (whole milk works best) with 1 TBS vanilla until you reach the consistancy of ice cream and add 1 cup sugar. Voila! You would think the milk melts the snow but it doesn't really. You should eat it immediately. I tried saving some and it is edible, but it gets kind of hard, since it is so largely water.

2 Comments:

At 1:09 PM, Blogger Susan said...

You guys seem to have such an awesome playgroup! That's one of those things that I always intended to do, but never quite did.
One thing my family & I did accomplish quite nicely was being the family that's always in their jammies. Never fear about taking our title away from us! Sammi especially likes to wear jammies and not brush her hair. Very attractive.

 
At 6:49 PM, Blogger Meg Hogan said...

Yes, our playgroup is the best! Don't worry, as sure as summer rolls around, I'm sure we'll be known as the family who is always naked. Well, one of us at least :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home