We are excited for baby boy Hogan!
Moira Elizabeth Hogan: Today's report

Moira Elizabeth Hogan

Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Today's report

Sitting outside of school.
We went to the park this afternoon and got some good pics.









Moi slept in her big girl bed all last night again. She didn't wake up upset at anypoint. If she does, I am wondering if she'll request the crib. Hopefully she is getting pretty comfortable in it.


So today was the second day of school w/o me. Moi got up at 7:30, so we played and had breakfast for about 45 minutes then I figured it was time to break it to her that it was a school day. As soon as I told her it was time to get dressed for school she started bawling and going "But I don't want to go there! Can I stay home with you? Say 'okay'. Please?" It was so pitiful. Sigh. I was wondering what would happen if she staged a Ghandi and just refused to move. But, I got her to walk with me down the street. I had to promise a new toy for when I picked her up. She said she wanted "a new car". I said "okay", and figured I'd deal with that later. (I ended up wrapping up one of her toy cars from the bottom of her tox box that she forgot she had). She seemed okay when we got in the building. We were early- on purpose b/c I wanted to tell the teachers that she didn't want them to talk to her or "bother" her and that she wouldn't pee during that time, so don't force her. We walked around the school and saw some other kids going to class. She wanted to put on her backpack to be like them. We then went to her room and she was fine for about 10 seconds then started bawling saying "Can you stay with me for just a couple of minutes (sob sob sob)". So I did. Then she calmed down a bit so I said bye and she followed me screaming to the door. I got her calmed down (barely) and said "okay bye" and practically ran out. I told the teachers to call me if she didn't calm down and explained the them if she was throwing a fit to ignore her or it just makes it worse. I ran home and did really fast cleaing, carrying the cell phone and the land line to every room, just waiting for a call. Finally, what seemed like an eternity later, it was 11:45 so I walked down to the school (it takes about 2 minutes to walk there). I talked to the volunteer lady who runs the front desk that is right by the kids classroom. She said they were all pretty upset until they had a fire drill at 9:45. She said the kids were so cute going outside in a line. She said she couldn't believe the little 2 year olds were doing what they were supposed to be doing during the drill. She said it was quiet after that. I peeked in the window and nobody was crying. They were having story time sitting around in a circle. At the end it looked like Moi got bored and got up and went over to the slide area, but whatever, she wasn't crying. Then I hung out outside b/c I wanted to invite the other mom's to our house next Monday. She seemed fine that other mom's were coming and going with the kids. When I went to get her she said "Mommy, I was good! I was crying one time but only for a minute and then I didn't cry anymore!". The teacher told me she cried and hid under a table for 45 minutes (a lot of other kids were crying too) but then they had the fire drill (it was really loud) and it shook them all out of the funk and they were all fine after that. Whew. I'll have to tell the Friday teachers to fake a firedrill if necessary. When Chris got home tonight he was asking her questions about school. He asked her if she had fun and she said "No, I was just crying, but only for a minute. And then I stopped." He asked if she had fun after that and she said "yes, we made a pig and went to the gym". She wanted to be called "Addison" today all day. I asked her if Addison was from School and she said no, but I don't know where else she would have gotten that name.
This morning she was wearing a sleeper. She said she needed a bigger sleeper b/c she has a baby in her belly. I said "is it a girl baby or a boy baby". She said "it's a girl baby. her name is Allie. That's a good name".

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home