Changes
Moi had her first day of school friday w/o me. She kept saying she didn't want to go b/c she was shy and the teachers would talk to her. She seemed better with her cold though, so I didn't think twice about sending her. We played pretend about school the night before in bath and she seemed kind of okay with it. We got there and she made a bee line for the slide and said she would be happy. I told her beforehand that we would do something fun after school, she said she wanted to go to the Westerville Comm. Center treehouse. I went to get some blood tests and then to the dollar store. I was outside the post office at 10:30 when I got a call on the cell from her preschool teacher. They said she was upset, crying a lot and dripping green and yellow snot and they were afraid she'd be contagious so they wanted me to come get her. I went in and she wasn't crying, just sitting coloring. The teacher met me at the side door and Moi was excited to see me and said "Did I get to go home b/c I cried so much?" The teacher told me that one little boy had a breakdown when he was getting a diaper change and then all the other kids started crying too. They said she had calmed down but the runny nose was a color, and they is against school policy. So I felt like a big dilinquent parent for sending her to school. But her nose was hardly running before or after school, so I don't know what was up. I guess it was b/c she was crying. She keeps saying she doesn't ever want to go back to school, that she is too shy and that she was crying and the teachers were talking to her and she didn't want them to talk to her. I am kind of annoyed b/c I told the teachers if she is upset to just leave her alone. Although I guess I can't be annoyed b/c I don't know what they were doing, but I know she freaks out if she is upset and you try to get up in her face and make her feel better. Anyway... I guess we'll try again Tuesday... It will be the first day of class for those kids b/c the Tuesday class was cancelled last week b/c of the storms, so I can imagine there will be a lot of tears from that crew as well. I think that might set Moi off again. We'll see. I have an idea to invite the tuesday class over to our house to play on Wednesday, and I'm hoping that seeing friends outside school will help them all feel more comfortable. None of the kids knew each other beforehand. We saw another one of the kids and a mom in her class and Meijer on Saturday and Moi saw the boy and looked super angry to see him. Hopefully some of the kids will be able to come over on Wednesday. Even if it's just one or two kids, that should help.
We got Moi's big girl bed this week. She seemed excited about it, we spent a lot of time hanging out there yesterday. She went into the bed fine at night and even handed me her pacifier and said "I don't need this anymore, put this in the crib for the baby". Of course, she started hollering for it about 5 minutes later. I gave it to her b/c I figured, she was the one who gave it up, not me! She got up at 4 am and was crying and said she wanted to go to sleep in her crib. I put her in there, and she fussed around for about an hour and then finally went back to sleep. Today, she kept saying she wanted to sleep in her crib. I decided not to fight it b/c we have 4 months, longer than that really as the baby can sleep in the bassinet for the first 3 months. But at the last minute, she said she did want to sleep in the big girl bed. I suspect if she wakes up tonight she'll want back in her crib, but that's fine, baby steps.
I had to really "encourage" Moi to pee at the treehouse after school the other day. She finally did and got off the potty and said "I'm a pee pee-aholic!"
We are excited for baby boy Hogan!

1 Comments:
I need to try to remember all my comments. First, I am kinda shocked that they called you to send her home. I know she had a snotty nose but still. When you got there she was calm and not crying and kids are going to have snotty noses all fall and winter long. I'm just so surprised they called you b/c you don't want Moira to get in the habit of thinking she can cry and then she gets to go home. Hopefully that's not the case but she's too smart to not think of that again.
Second, just so I don't forget, I am laughing my butt off at the "pee-pee-aholic" comment, that is TOO FUNNY! Third, did you get your results back from the blood test? Forth, I love her big girl bed and I can't wait to see it in person!
Post a Comment
<< Home